AUXILIARY MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
A woman's eligibility in the American Legion Auxiliary is based on honorable service of the related veteran with the U. S. Armed Forces between:
(April 6, 1917 - November 11, 1918) World War I
(December 7, 1941 - December 31, 1946) World War II
(June 25, 1950 - January 31, 1955) Korean War
(February 28, 1961 - May 7, 1975) Vietnam War
(August 24, 1982 - July 31,1984) Lebanon/Grenada
(December 20, 1989 - January 31, 1990) Operation Just Cause
(August 2, 1990 - Present)* Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Merchant Marines 12/7/41 - 8/15/45 (Only eligibility)
Veterans must have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates shown and honorably discharged or still serving honorably. *Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
A woman who is eligible for membership in The American Legion is also eligible to join the American Legion Auxiliary.
The mother, wife, daughter, sister, grand-daughter, great-grand-daughter, or grandmother of members of The American Legion, and deceased veterans who served in the United States Armed Forces during the listed war eras.
Step relatives are also eligible.
Eligible women applying for first time membership must submit the following information to the Unit:
1. Complete an American Legion Auxiliary Membership Application for Unit 39. Complete and print out two (2) copies. Sign one copy and keep one copy for your records.
2. Please supply a copy of DD214/discharge or American Legion membership name and number of the related veteran if applicable with the form. (We can get this later.)
3. Make out a check payable to American Legion Unit 39 for first year's dues of $35. DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. Mail a completed and signed copy of the American Legion Auxiliary Membership Application, copy of the requested related veteran's information if available, and dues payment to the Post's PO Box. (We are temporarily using the Post's mailing address at this time.) Do NOT send the form to the State or National Headquarters as indicated on the form.
5. If all information is correct, your membership will be approved and a membership card will be mailed back to you.
American Legion Auxiliary members wishing to transfer from current Unit to Unit 39 must submit the following:
A. Completed and signed Member Data Form. (We can supply you with this form.)
B. Membership dues payment of $35 if current year's dues are not paid through current Unit.
C. Approval letter from previous unit.